Wednesday, May 28, 2008

It Was Not Mastitis

Really long story... here is the short version.

Saturday my fever went back up to 103, chills, aches etc. The doctor had told me to come in if my fever reached that high. Went to the ER with a pulse rate of 160 and a blood pressure drop to 70/30. Really scary stuff and I was labeled serious condition. Diagnosed with a "raging" kidney infection I was admitted. Three nights later, several tests later, several misdisgnosis later my ob was called in for consult. Come to find out there was part of my placenta left in my uterus that was causing the infection. The rushed my right down to the OR yesterday for a D&C and 6 hours later I was home.

I don't even know where to begin. I was away from my kids for 3 nights- my two week old. If I had been diagnosed correctly Saturday I could have had the procedure and been on my way home to be with my family. I never had a kidney infection. I can't breastfeed from the tests I had done. I feel like my head is spinning as I try to get back in the swing of things. I feel so overwhelmed.

Being a patient in the hospital is horrible and I am not a good "patient" - especially not 2 weeks post partum. I was going crazy trying to get home to be with my kids. Crazy.

I have never been happier to be home.

No comments: