Friday, April 25, 2008

37 Week Check-Up

The doctor, who I had never seen before, opened the door and said:

Dr: So do you want to talk about inducing labor?

Me: Uh, no. I am 37 weeks pregnant.

Dr: Aren't you ready to get that baby out of you? I am sure you want your body back.

Me: Uh, no. They will come when they are good and ready. I actually enjoy being pregnant.

Dr: Bet you can't wait to get that epidural.

And it continued on from there. He had not even bothered to read my chart or look at my birth plan. Oh, I hope he is not on call when I go into labor. The two of use would have an interesting time together.

I had some pretty significant contractions last night which surprised me. It has prompted me to really get my act together and get organized. Sam was 3 days late but this little one could very well come early.

I love these last weeks of pregnancy. With quarters so cramped you can see all of the limbs so strong now swimming around- kicking and pushing on my ribs. I will miss the movement after they are born. There is nothing like it and I will remember every detail forever. What an amazing 37 weeks we have had together. I can't wait to hold you in my arms.

1 comment:

GerryG said...

That was so sweet Erin...you made me cry. You are such a GREAT mommy!!

XOXOXO~LOVE and miss you all
Gerry~