Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Two Year Check Up

I had a feeling our 2 year check up would be difficult for Sam today but I really had no idea. It was a total of 35 minutes of screaming and kicking and trying to climb under the only small table in the room. He was petrified. He was trembling. He cried so hard his face turned bright red, he was sweating and I thought he was going to throw up all over me. Thankfully he didn't. It started with him crying when I laid him down on the table to undress him and then I knew what I was in for. It sounded like we were trying to tear off one of his limbs.

The nurse told me the 2 year old check up is the hardest and next year will be easier. It could not be any worse.

He is 30 lbs. 14 oz and 35 inches tall. That puts him in the 75th percentile for both weight and height. If you only knew how much energy those measurements took for us to get.

At the end of the appointment the doctor and I looked at each other, both covered in sweat, and laughed. I learned today he is a very strong little guy...and he hates going to the doctor.

No comments: