Thursday, June 3, 2010

Good Night

I tiptoe into their rooms every night just before I head off to bed. I love the smell of each of their rooms. I love to listen to their breathing while they sleep. Nothing sweeter than my babies sleeping. It fills me up. The love and need to protect and nurture can still overwhelm me. How blessed I am to spend my everyday with them.

Every night Harper stirs and open her eyes a bit to murmur, "Hi Mommy". She raises her arms to be held and wants to be rocked... still. Her chest rising and falling against mine. Her sweet head on my shoulder. She loves to run her fingers through my hair as I sing to her.


"I sometimes wake in the early morning & listen to the soft breathing of my children & I think to myself, this is one thing I will never regret & I carry that quiet with me all day long." -Story People

No comments: