Monday, August 27, 2007

Leaving is so hard

Nothing has changed me more than the birth of our son. Prior to being pregnant I was a workaholic (ok maybe even during my pregnancy), had multiple jobs and I was always working. I thought I would have him, take 6 weeks off and be back in the game. Now my priority is to work the least amount to survive. I would love to be a full time stay at home mom which makes friends and family laugh out loud! In an instant my priorities were changed forever. I ask friends with children why were they holding out on me. I don't remember anyone pulling me aside and telling me," You have to have children. It is the most wonderful thing you will ever do". I guess it is that kind of love you have to experience yourself to truly appreciate and understand.
I struggle weekly with having to go to work. It is so difficult to have a child and a career. With that said... I do know how fortunate I am to have a flexible schedule and child care in our own home with one of my best friends here with him. Below is a video Gerry took today of Jillian and Sam dancing while I was at work. I am not sure what he was thinking but Jillian was having a great time! We have always called Sam our "little thinker". He is just taking it all in...

No comments: