Monday, February 15, 2010

Friends

My good friend Mandy was in town and we met up with her and three of her five children today at Lake Eola. We have been friends now for 20 years. Her two sisters were also there and it was so much fun. The weather was beautiful and the kids got to run around and we all got to chat a bit and go to lunch. I have such wonderful memories of my time spent in their home during our high school years. It was so nice to spend time with all of them.

I love how old friends feel instantly comfortable and familiar. Our friendship has survived distance and time and I treasure the connection we have. What a perfect day.


1 comment:

mandy said...

I could not agree more with you! I felt the same. I loved the day and something about lunch felt very reminiscent of ALL of the times we used to go out-it was fun and sure doesn't seem like 20 years ago-oh my!!! Your children are so very precious and I love that Harper came right to me and that Sam was so very sure my suburban could fit "right here in this spot"